HoloGirlsVR was launched in January of 2016 by HoloFilm Productions, a leading edge virtual reality entertainment production and post-production company. The studio was founded by well-known adult industry technologist Brian Shuster, who is also CEO of the popular adult virtual world Red Light Center.
With production facilities in Vancouver, British Columbia and Los Angeles, California, HoloFilms is an all-in-one solution for virtual reality production with the ability to produce a wide range of content that all feature NoSick™ Technology. HoloGirlsVR presently has around 120 videos available and is adding new titles at about 2 per week.
I viewed the videos from HoloGirlsVR on my Samsung S6 phone with a Gear VR headset and the Samsung VR app. Like most VR porn sites, the videos on HoloGirlsVR are rated as 60fps and feature binaural sound. The field of view for HoloGirlsVR videos is 220º which is wider than the usual 180º FOV. The scores shown below are based on a comparison with videos from other VR porn sites.
1. Quality of VR (4.0 stars) – The VR quality on HoloGirlsVR was at or near the top for quite awhile, but the other sites have improved their VR while HoloGirlsVR has stayed pretty much level. They did manage to fix the odd stitching issue at a 45º angle to the left and right of center. The scale is still good, but the colors and clarity just don’t seem to have the same vividness they did previously.
The scale in newer HoloGirlsVR videos is fine, but it is quite big in some of their older scenes that employed a different camera rig. The second technique was called large-screen cinematic view and it allowed the model to come right up to the camera with zero distortion and perfect focus. The results were incredibly clear and colorful during close-ups, but the major drawback of this technique was that the models appeared much larger than life. It wasn’t a big issue for me, but might be for some viewers.
2. Quality of Porn (3.5 stars) – The porn on HoloGirlsVR has taken a step back recently as the talent level has gone done and they have been releasing fewer B/G scenes. The actresses are still attractive, but tend to have more of an amateur look lately. Another issue is that the positioning in their sex scenes still needs more creativity. The set designs for each title are fairly simple, but decent and not repetitive. The dialogue and storylines were mostly kept to a minimum in earlier videos, but have become more developed lately.
3. Quantity of VR Porn (4.0 stars) – Currently at around 120 titles and growing at about 2 videos per week, HoloGirlsVR has plenty of content to offer their fans.
4. Variety of VR Porn (4.0 stars) – HoloGirlsVR has done very well with their variety of porn and genres. They have facesitting and casting couch collections as well as GFE (girlfriend experience) and whip cracking mistress videos. They have released a few ethnically diverse titles, but could always use more.
5. Website, Service, Extras (4.0 stars) – The HoloGirlsVR website design is fairly basic and the download speeds are decent. All the videos can be listed chronologically and there are sort, search and filter options. Membership pricing is less than average at US $19.99 for 1 month and payments are processed through CCBill. And as of this posting, a free VIP membership to Red Light Center 2 and RLCVR is included.