Updated March 2019 – Kink VR is based in San Francisco and is one of many websites under the award-winning Kink.com brand. Started in 1997 by bondage enthusiast Peter Acworth, Kink.com is now the largest producer of BDSM and fetish pornography in the world. The Kink VR site remained in beta mode for quite awhile after releasing their first video in November of 2015. They transitioned to a pay site in early 2017 with the help of HoloGirlsVR and are currently affiliated with BaDoinkVR.
I viewed the videos from Kink VR on my Samsung S6 phone with a Gear VR headset and the Samsung VR app. Like most VR porn sites, the videos on Kink VR are rated as 60fps and feature binaural sound with a 180º FOV. The scores shown below are based on a comparison with videos from other VR porn sites.
1. Quality of VR (3.5 stars) – The early scenes released by Kink VR had decent colors and clarity, but the scale was quite big. The most recent videos are at a much better scale, but the camera positioning in POV scenes needs improvement.
2. Quality of Porn (4.0 stars) – The models on Kink VR are not your typical porn stars, but they do an excellent job of vocalizing and staying engaged with the camera. The American actresses are mostly young, attractive and eager to please. The Kink VR videos contain much more dialogue than other VR porn and it is well done.
The BDSM and fetish style porn that Kink VR produces might not appeal to the majority of viewers, but I have no doubt that they are good at what they do. Their set designs tend to be a bit repetitive as most of the scenes have a dungeon theme.
3. Quantity of VR Porn (1.0 stars) – Currently Kink VR has 35 titles available and is releasing 1 new scene per week. They released no new content for a very long period of time in 2018.
4. Variety of VR Porn (3.5 stars) – This is where Kink VR will shine as they already have scenes covering a wide range of genres. I expect they will score much higher here once their library of VR porn starts to expand more.
5. Website, Service, Extras (3.5 stars) – The Kink VR website design received an upgrade and is now well organized with tag/filter options and individual model pages. The download speeds are decent. Membership pricing is $24.95 per month with credit card payments processed through a BaDoinkVR partner site.