VirtualTaboo released their first VR porn video in December of 2015 and have been holding steady near the bottom on my top 10 list ever since. VirtualTaboo operates out of Barcelona, Spain and is more of a low budget player when it comes to the VR porn sites that I currently cover.
I viewed the videos from Virtual Taboo on my Samsung S6 phone with a Gear VR headset and the Samsung VR app. Like most VR porn sites, the videos on Virtual Taboo are rated as 60fps and feature binaural sound with a 180º FOV. The scores shown below are based on a comparison with videos from other VR porn sites.
1. Quality of VR (3.5 stars) – The scale on VirtualTaboo is good while the colors and clarity are both average. Their camera positioning needs improvement.
2. Quality of Porn (4.0 stars) – VirtualTaboo films their sex scenes in multiple positions which makes it easier for the models to show off their talents. The actresses are mostly attractive, young, fit European ladies. They engage with the camera and look great in close-ups, but there is a noticeable lack of vocalization from some of the ladies. The set designs for each title are fairly simple and low budget. The storylines are not a major focus, but they do try to keep them taboo.
3. Quantity of VR Porn (3.5 stars) – Currently with around 126 titles and growing at 2 videos per week, VirtualTaboo has a long way to go to catch up with the leaders in this category.
4. Variety of VR Porn (3.5 stars) – VirtualTaboo has done an average job with their variety of VR porn considering the amount of videos they have released. Hopefully they will expand into other genres besides stepmother and stepsister scenes.
5. Website, Service, Extras (3.5 stars) – The VirtualTaboo website design is very basic and the download speeds are good. All of the videos are listed chronologically and there are image galleries and previews provided for most titles. Membership pricing is slightly above average at $29.99 for 1 month and payment can be made via PayPal or credit card with Epoch as the processor.